Thursday, February 23, 2012

Negro & Rainbow Cookies

Yesterday, after 2 busy weeks, finally I got the opportunity to test the chocolate chip cookies recipe I got from NCC-Cookies Week file.
Other baking fellows who has tried this recipe said that it taste sooo yummy and very close to Famous Amos Cookies.

Bought Mrs. Fields cookies last valentine, give me an inspiration to make a rainbow choco chip cookies, but with smaller size, less sweet, buttery taste, and hint of caramel flavor.
Then I remember about some recipes I got from browsing. After consider some recipes, then the choice goes to this recipe.
I make some adjustment to this recipe to suit my taste and imagination..hehehhh :)




Chocolate Chip Cookies
Source : NCC Cookies Week File

Ingredients :
115 gr butter, cut into cubes & refrigerate for a while - I use 70% Wijsman and 30% Elle & Vire
100 gr brown sugar
50gr caster sugar
100 gr fine grinded oatmeal (grind until it become fine oatmeal powder and sieved)
125 gr plain flour - I change the composition, see below notes
1 eggs
1/4 tsp vanilla extract - I use 1 pc vanilla bean and 1/8 tsp L'arome vanilla susu
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda

150 gr milk chocolate bar, grated finely
150rg milk chocolate chips
150 gr almond/walnut chopped coarsely

Methods
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy
- Add in egg and vanilla, beat until well combined
- Add oats and flour mixture, add untill well combined
- Add chocolate and nut, and mix until well combined
- Leave the dough in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes
- Lay a baking pan covered with baking sheet
- To make a small cookie, put 1/4 tsp of the dough on the pan ( The dough will spreading when baked)
- Put several choco chip/choco candies on it
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes
- Let it cool and store in an airtight container.

Notes :
- I change the flour composition, for negro cookies : 85gr flour, 30gr negro chocolate powder, 15 gr milk powder. For rainbow cookies : 105 gr flour, 15 gr valrhona powder, 15 gr milk powder
- For rainbow cookies I replace walnut and chocochip with chopped dark chocolate and chocolate candies (I use mini chacha- local brand, since it's easier to find at nearby supermarket...You can use M&Ms or smarties)






No comments:

Post a Comment